Top 10 amazing things to do in Quang Binh by Vietnam Car Rental
Where is Quang Binh? What does it have? Whether it is beautiful and natural as what TV shows? Is the food good? …. “ There were so many questions in my head at that time. So I decided to answer all my questions by coming to Quang Binh right away. Today, let’s explore Top 10 things to do in Quang Binh to find out unique beauty of this province!
1. Exploring Caves in Phong Nha – Ke Bang national park
2. Attending adventure games in Chay river – Dark cave
3. See sunrise in Jumping rocks beach
4. Check-in Canh Duong art painting village
5. Visiting Vo Nguyen Giap general mausoleum
6. Conquering sky gate – things to do in Quang Binh
7. Swimming at Nhat Le beach 8. Sliding sand in Quang Phú dune
9. Discovering Dong Hoi old citadel
10. Joining local market – things to do in Quang Binh
1. Exploring Caves in Phong Nha – Ke Bang national park Phong Nha – Ke Bang national park is the most famous attraction in Quang Binh. Mountains in the park consist of limestone. Thus, under effect of environment, around 300 extraordinary caves were created naturally after thousand years. You can take part in astonishing trekking or caves exploring tours. And Have you ever heard about Son Doong cave ? It is known as the largest cave in the world with an individual ecosystem. However, it’s not easy to go inside this cave. One reason is that number of visitors will be limited in order to preserve its ecosystem. Moreover, the price is quite expensive (around 3.000$/person) that not many people can afford for.
Luckily, there are still many wonderful caves to visit with normal price such as Thien Duong, Phong Nha, Hang En cave and so on. In which Thien Duong is the largest dry cave in the world. You must be surprised at beautiful rosin with familiar shapes in the cave. Interestingly, what they look like will depend on your imagination. So please come here to imagine your own way.
2. Attending adventure games in Chay river – Dark cave Song Chay or Chay river is quite outstanding with turquoise color – the typical color of rivers, streams in Phong Nha national park. It can say that the river is place for people font of adventure games. You can join such exciting activities as swimming, rowing kayak, sliding zipline,… especially, exploring and taking mud bath in Dark cave .
In order to discovery the cave, you have to wear bikini (for women) or swimming trunks (for men). It seems quite strange requirement but soon after that I understand the reason. At first, people experience zipline for one minutes then swim to cave door. Unlike other caves, there is no lighting system here. So you have to wear a flashlight in your head and follow instruction of tour guide. The way is quite narrow, slippery with some obstacles. So people must be careful as they moving. Finally, you will find out the secret of Dark cave. Taking natural mud bath will be a wonderful experience. As you come to Quang Binh, please go to Chay river – Dark cave and enjoy your time.
3. See sunrise in Jumping rocks beach Jumping rocks is about 25km to the north from center of Dong Hoi city. There was a fascinating legend about original of the name “Jumping rocks”. The story told that rocks on the beach have special shapes. Moreover, they don’t lie at the same places. When fishermen came back in early morning, they saw as if the rocks are dancing on the waves. Hence, people named the beach “Jumping rock”. It can say that jumping rocks is valuable gift that natural mother gave to local people. Nowadays, the beach is a best place to see sunrise. So let’s come here to immerse in nature and welcome new day!
4. Check-in Canh Duong art painting village We all know about famous street art paintings in Penang island, Malaysia. Hence, you may find it exciting when visiting Canh Duong painting village in Quang Binh. Actually, Canh Duong is a fishing village near to intersection of Ron river and East Sea. Therefore, fisherman’s profession has developed since begining. In order to develop local tourism, some artists had an creative idea as they drew 3D paintings around the village. There are variety of themes such as fisherman’s life, sea creatures, environmental protection and so on. Thank to 3D pictures, Canh Duong becomes more famous. These days, it’s a favourite destination in Quang Binh. Thus, let’s come here to take art pictures on your own.
5. Visiting Vo Nguyen Giap general mausoleum It could say that Vo Nguyen Giap general is the second famous Vietnamese people after Ho Chi Minh president. He was also an excellent student of Ho Chi Minh. Quang Binh is hometown of the General. Thus, his body was buried in Quang Binh as his desire after he passed away in 2013. Vo Nguyen Giap’s mausoleum locates in Vung Chua, Dao Yen where only 6 km from foot of Ngang pass. The tomb has a view to the sea making peolple believes that the General still keeps an eye and protects Vietnamese people when they go to the sea. So, please take time to visit this sacred place
6. Conquering sky gate – things to do in Quang Binh Đèo Ngang (Ngang pass) is a famous pass in Viet Nam. In the past, it was place to separate two feudal forces in Viet Nam. In case travelling between two territories, people had to overcome Đèo Ngang (Ngang pass). It was a difficult task at that time. After Viet Nam was unified under Nguyen dynasty, Minh Mang king had a gate constructed at the peak of Ngang pass. Because it was the highest point, people called it “sky gate”. In addition, stone steps were built in two slops of the pass that allowed people to move easier. Today, most of stone steps were demolished. Luckily, the sky gate is still well-preserved. It’s also a favourite check-in place in Quang Binh.
7. Swimming at Nhat Le beach Quang Binh is also famous for beautiful beaches in which Nhat Le is the most crowded. Besides swimming, it’s good to take part in beaches activities namely: football, volleyball and so on. Furthermore, there are many seafood restaurants in Nhat Le beach. The foods are diversity with reasonable price. So, let’s go there in the afternoon to do amazing activites before enjoying delicious dinner.
8. Sliding sand in Quang Phú dune It can say that Quang Binh is an amazing place in Viet Nam. Besides mountain and sea, you can have opportunity to experience desert in Quang Phú dune. It’s only 8 km from center of Dong Hoi city.
You must be crazy as taking participate in sliding sand game. In addition, you’ll find it exciting to explore beauty of the dune. Interestingly, the shape of dune changes day by day under impact of wind. So each time coming here, you’ll have different feeling. Notice that weather in Quang Binh is so hot. Therefore, you should go there in the morning. This also is the best time see sunrise from the sea. It’ll be delightful moment in your trip.
9. Discovering Dong Hoi old citadel Dong Hoi old citadel was built 200 years ago under Nguyen dynasty. Its purpose was to protect remotely Phu Xuan capital. Unfortunately, it was almost demolished during French Indochina. Then, it continued to be attacked by US army force in 1960s. Nowadays, some remaining parts of Dong Hoi old citadel are still well-preserved. By visiting northern gate (Quang Binh quan), you will find unique architecture of the citadel. It’s also a must check-in place in Dong Hoi. Hoping that you will have nice pictures here.
10. Joining local market – things to do in Quang Binh People often say that market reflexes exactly local people’life. The morning market locates near to Nhat Le river that allows fishermen to bring fresh seafood after coming back from the sea. There are many kind of seafood such as squid, shrimp, salmon, crabs and so on. Besides understanding local life, you’ll have chance to buy fresh seafood in good price. Therefore, don’t forget to visit the market in as you come to Dong Hoi city.
This is Top 10 things to do in Quang Binh province. Please let us know your impressive activities in the comment box or via my fanpage. If you feel the post useful, please LIKE AND SHARE this post to spread this useful information. And don’t forget to come back my website to see amazing Vietnam destinations.
Don’t miss: Top 10 best place to visit in Ha Noi HERE
You also like: Top 10 attraction in Da Nang HERE